Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Long overdue

It's been a long while since I've been here or on my other blog. I've been crazy busy all over the place since I've been home - was helping take care of my Granddad when he had his bladder surgery, I had minor surgery to remove one of my wisdom teeth, Thanksgiving craziness and now with Christmas up in the air, its about to get even more hectic. Since I'm now on "internship hiatus" with UM, I've been trying to find a job but am quickly becoming discouraged. I wish I was still up in St. Augustine and working at the Market. Then at least I'd have a somewhat financially steady job.
I don't like filling out these applications online because some of them ask for a SSN and of course they make you take a personality test. Those are by far the most tedious area of the whole application. Tomorrow after hitting the gym, I'll probably head down to the old grocery store where I had been working back in high school to see if they're taking applications. Normally I could just walk in and pretty much have my job handed back to me, but since the store was sold and is now under new management, the process has to be started all over again. I've got my fingers crossed! Most likely that will only secure me for a little bit while I keep looking for another and possibly second job.
I'm watching DOG The Bounty Hunter right now...and am slightly considering the possibility of looking into bounty hunting. Its crazy talk right now and I'm in no shape physically to do something like that, but maybe to get me into the exercising mind frame this'll be my "goal" for the next year. ...Well apparently Florida being the odd state that it is doesn't allow bounty hunting freelance or not, so I guess that's out. Phooey; oh well I'll still keep my "goal" to get back in shape.

No comments: