Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Back into the grind

I know I keep saying it but I have yet to take action in "updating this on a more daily basis."

I'm getting back to working again at the office. It's been over a week or so since I've been in. I've been slow getting into the routine again; still recuperating from my St. Auggie trip of getting to stay up late and sleep in even later - a luxury I don't get here.

Right now I'm working on a Norway presentation for early November...which is quickly approaching around the corner. It's mostly a general presentation on state of the science therapy working with adolescents with substance abuse problems and presenting with comorbid psychiatric problems.

I'm also still working on that FFT article. My very very first assingment when I started the internship back in August. It was kind of surreal when I oppened up the document and saw my name on the title page of the article. My name will also be on the Norway presentation. That'll be three projects with my name on it (FFT article, Norway and the Sweden presentations). Right now we have to cut down the article to be under 9800 characters. I have to say that after the first edit back in August, Mike did an awesome job cutting it down. It was originally 45 pages and when I got it last weekend, he had been able to cut it down to 14 pages. I was pretty impressed. Hopefully when I'm finished with this cut it'll get its finally submit...Meaning I'll be all that much closer to getting paid. About $200...which is well needed. I could use it for bills...but I would rather use it for FLaRF, towards a new laptop or put a little aside for a new tattoo. I could split it up 3 (even 4) ways, donating cash toward each one.

Along with my internship, I've picked up a little side work with my aunt (not getting paid of course, but its all good as it'll help hone my filing skills). I'm just going to be alphabetizing some files and copying documents in order to file.

Until later.

No comments: